What is a Quantity Surveyor?
A Quantity Surveyor (QS) is a construction industry professional with expert knowledge on construction costs and contracts throughout the entire life cycle of a project, from inception to post-completion.
They act in liaison with Architects, Consulting Engineers and Contractors to safeguard the Client’s interest. They are independent experts who operate across multiple industrial sectors.
The services offered by Quantity Surveyors include:
- Cost Estimating
- Cost Planning
- Property Development Advice
- Advice on Contract Strategy, Tendering and Contractual Arrangements
- Financial Control over Contracts
- Valuation of Work in Progress
- Cash Flow Budgets
- Final Account Preparation and Negotiation
- Dispute Avoidance, Minimisation and Resolution
- Claims Management
- Project Management